Sunday, March 18, 2007

I so wanted to gripe!

The other day I was in Wal-Mart. I rushed through the store, getting the things I needed for weekend. Michael was done at school at 3 and I was in a major hurry. So, after getting my cart full, I find a line to get in, which is already backed up. I've never understood why here or in the USA these SuperCenters have 100+ lanes but the majority remain vacant. Anyway, there I am patiently waiting for the lady ahead of me to pay. It's 3:05 and Michael is waiting.

So, this girl comes up with 5 things in her hand and wants to go ahead of me. I tell her that I'm in a hurry and show her the fast lanes at the front of the store. you know the ones. She tells me she works there and knows about the lanes. I was puzzled. Next thing I know she goes behind the register and asks the cashier if he can check her out ahead of me. He lets here. Man, was I mad. Had I had time, I would have talked to the manager.

It's like the time we were in Wal-Mart in Memphis. We're in the "20 items or less" line. A lady in front of us clearly had more than 20 items in her cart. I call her on it. She quips back and says "20 of these things are mine and the rest are my friend's." Ohhhhhhhhhh man...those things just irritate me to death. She pays for it all at once. The thing is the cashier in both instances let them by.

I know. I know. I'm knitpicking and I need to get over it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home