Sunday, March 25, 2007

Have you ever heard this voice?

You know that voice you hear when you arrive or leave Garulhos? (Garulhos is Sao Paulo's international airport.) It's the voice making announcements. "Varig flight 123 to Curitiba" or "Delta Air Lines flight 105 to Atlanta now boarding". To me, the voice sounds a bit like the computer voice on an episode of Star Trek. Remember the one where the computer goes wacko and the computer begins calling Captain Kirk, "dear"? It's got that kind of voice. It's so unusual and deep...and female.

This morning, I found out that it's not a computer but a real lady. I always told Melody that the voice was a computer. I should have listened to my wife. She was right.

If you've been here, you know what I'm talking about. The lady is Iris Lettieri. There is a website with her voice and history : http://www.irislettieri.com.br

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home